Tis the Season to be Jolly!
November 16, 2021 | By Vanessa Wilson, Vitil People Solutions
It is that time of year again when we start planning for the festive season and the parties begin. Here are just a few reminders on how to manage your Christmas event and ensure employee behaviours are managed well, to protect yourselves and your team, so that everyone can have a good time.
Taking the following important steps will help you to manage your risks:
- Have clear workplace policies in place in relation to bullying, sexual harassment and the consumption of alcohol, and ensure your employees are familiar with those policies
- At the start of the festive season, remind your employees of the standards of behaviour expected of them when attending work-related functions. Make it clear exactly when the rules of workplace behaviour will apply when you are out of your usual workplace, or outside of normal working hours
- Give one, or a group, of employees the job of monitoring employee behaviour during the party
- Serve alcohol responsibly – in particular, avoid the ‘help yourself’ method of service – and provide plenty of food and water
- Ensure that drunk employees are promptly cut off from the bar.
- If providing food, make sure you have considered your employees’ dietary requirements
- Provide for clear ‘start’ and ‘finish’ times for work-related festivities. If it is held at your workplace, ensure that people vacate the premises at the end of the function
- Provide a safe means of transport home from work-related functions, especially in the case of employees who are intoxicated or otherwise vulnerable.
Christmas parties are an important part of the Perth Australian culture, and can be a fantastic way to say thank you to your People Capital, raise morale and promote teamwork. Therefore, preparing for a Christmas party is important, being clear on your expectations and putting in place some of the preventative measures, will ensure a good time is had by all.
Enjoy the festive season!
Vitil Outsourced Human Resources Consultants
Vitil People Solutions is a boutique HR consulting firm based across Perth and Australia, who offer flexible, reliable and affordable outsourced human resource support, people solutions and recruitment services, where your team is the key focus. By outsourcing HR to an expert in Human Resource Services, our experienced professionals can objectively assess your environment, your human capital needs, and ensure we provide advice and support to further develop your team and your businesses performance.
Contact us to discuss tailoring HR solutions to your business needs.Back to news headlines